Would you like to own or invest in an original piece of Howard history? Nestled in a corner block on a quiet Howard street is one of the original train "gatekeeper" homes. Built next to where a train crossing was originally located, the original gatekeeper lived in this home to assist with manual opening of crossing gates. This crossing no longer exists but the history still does.
With the new train factory now going ahead in Torbanlea, Howard will not have enough accommodation and so now is the time to invest for the future!
Located on a 942m2 block of land this Queenslander offers oodles of charm and potential. A two level home featuring 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom with convenient separate toilet and good sized kitchen and living. All posts have been replaced with concrete and steel and with only a minimal amount of work the downstairs area could be an ideal retreat.
What we love:
- Fully enclosed downstairs area, creating a whole separate living space
- 3 bedrooms
- New vinyl flooring throughout
- Large 942m2 block
- High ceilings and VJ walls
- New concrete under house and concrete and steel stumps
- Prosperous fruit trees
- New paving at the front of the property
- Side access, fully fenced block
- Close proximity to train station, shops, schools and local markets
The picturesque mining town of Howard offers all the amenities you need whilst still retaining that old Queensland charm people dream of and with the up and coming Queensland Rail project on the horizon, this area is a perfect investment opportunity.
Contact us today with an offer and lets get you moving!