Situated between Hervey Bay and Burrum Heads, right on the bank of the beautiful Beelbi Creek, the leafy 5 acre hideaway, Toogoom Retreat, is adjoined front and back by State Forest and Marine Reserve. With its own large jetty, natural boat ramp and direct access to the pristine waters of Hervey Bay and world heritage listed Fraser Island, does life get any better than this?
As you wind down the lush driveway and catch your first glimpse of the low-set home on Beelbi Creek, you know this is going to be something special. Wildlife abounds and includes sunset visits by dolphins, a huge range of sea and land birds and fabulous crabbing, prawning and fishing (right from your very own jetty). If you fancy sand crabs, whiting and mackerel instead, you are only minutes by boat from the mouth of Beelbi Creek and access to Hervey Bay.
Not ready to move in yet? Toogoom Retreat is a very popular holiday rental, so let the returning guests that are booking up to twelve months in advance help the property pay for itself. Previous and upcoming bookings are all available for you to view.
The property boasts a core filled and rendered besser block home with hardwood floors, expansive water views and a full-length veranda. The house has received a lot of love and maintenance minimising measures over the past year and features:
• A 5 kW solar system
• A brand new Solahart hot water system (10 year warranty)
• New powder coated aluminium veranda railings, gates and hardwood stairs
• House and shed rooves professionally re-screwed, pressure cleaned and sealed with Dulux Acratex membrane (5 year warranty)
• Exterior of house and shed freshly painted with Dulux Acratex membrane
• Ducted air conditioning and fans throughout
• Wirelessly interconnected remote controlled smoke alarms
• Full insect screening
• An attached garage with remote access, storage, laundry and internal door to the house
• A large kitchen with plenty of storage space, an island, walk-in pantry, new oven, new 5 burner Glem gas cooktop, dishwasher and views over Beelbi Creek
• The kitchen flows into an open dining room with a large bay window to make the most of the water views
• An airy lounge room that opens onto the veranda
• Ample storage along the hallway
• A master bedroom with built-ins and en-suite bathroom
• A second bedroom which is currently set up for children but would fit a queen bed
• A third spacious bedroom with built-ins, opening onto the veranda and looking over Beelbi Creek. Lie in bed and listen to barramundi feeding at night and then wave your fisherperson off in their tinnie in the morning, without even having to get out of bed!
• A spacious family bathroom with a shower, luxurious sunken bath and separate toilet
• A newly built driveway
• A Colorbond 15m x 6M x 2.4M high shed, with 2 large roller doors and through access to the boat ramp. Boasting an inspection pit, full bathroom, personal door, fish cleaning sink and room for all of your toys. Need room for your gardening implements? There’s a sizeable garden shed too!
• Town water, plus a 10 000 litre concrete rainwater tank with new pump and a dam.
If you can bring yourself to leave your waterfront oasis, you are only 2km from, cafes and restaurants, the mouth of Beelbi Creek, white sandy beaches and the boat ramp. Another 15 minutes and you are in the heart of Hervey Bay CBD or 10 minutes away from beautiful Burrum Heads. Truly the best of all worlds!
Enjoy the proximity to the conveniences of Hervey Bay and the space and privacy that acreage provides. Fish or crab from your own private jetty, launch your boat from the boat ramp in the back yard and swim straight out the back door!
- Air Conditioning
- Ducted Cooling
- Ducted Heating
- Outdoor Entertainment Area
- Remote Garage
- Secure Parking
- Broadband Internet Available
- Built-in Wardrobes
- Pay TV Access
- Grey Water System
- Solar Hot Water
- Solar Panels
- Water Tank